Thursday, September 1, 2022

KD Fullalove

 I lost my best friend today.  KD Fullalove was my Brittany Spaniel.  She was mine, and I was hers.  Unfortunately she died yesterday in my arms.  And what is worse, is she died because she was under my truck and drove over her.  In her last monents I held her and apologized to her.  She was my everything. 

We got KD as a pup fairly soon after our Lilly passed on.  Gana said she didn't want another puppy but when I brought KD into the family it only took Gana a minute to fall in love with her.  She was special.

I taught her the basics of life, I taught her to hunt, to hold, and to retrieve.  She wanted to always be with me, and that's unusual at our house because our dogs gravitate to Gana.  KD did as well, but when I came home she was mine, and I was hers.  

She loved to ride in my truck.  We would take trips to the farm and she would get out an run and hunt and just be a dog.  She loved to hunt everything that had a pulse. And she was good at it.  

She would occasionally come to the office with me and be as polite and respectful to everyone.  Everyone would get attention and then she'd come lay down on the chair in my office.  She was perfect.

And now she's gone.  And I did it.  I'll never get over it.  What could I have done differently?  I just don't know.  Whey did I go to the farm yesterday?  Why did I take her with me?  Questions and more questions, but no answers.

I miss her immensely.  At night she always slept on our bed.  She would snuggle with Gana every night. This morning when I got up Gana was already up.  She couldn't sleep, she gave me some lame reason, but didn't tell me the real reason.  I already knew it would be difficult the first night with our KD.  I put her collar on my wrist so I could still breath in the smell of her.  That sweet smell of a perfect companion.  

I'll eventually get over losing losing her and the way I lost her.  But I'll never forget her.  I wish I had more time with her.  Time to take her on one more hunt.  Time to ride one more time in the truck.  Time to sit and rub her and smell he beautiful scent.  

Dogs to this to us.  It's been said they are always happy to see you come and sad to see you go.  And it's so true.  We don't deserve them.  

Sweet dreams KD.  I hope maybe you'll hook up with Rief, a friend of mine who died a couple of years ago.  They will have great adventures together.  Until we meet again...............

No comments:

Post a Comment